Summer Job Project 2020 is canceled due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
The Lord willing, we plan to offer SJP in 2021.
May 16 – August 9, 2021
Spend this summer becoming more than you are right now. Add to a summer job the holistic discipleship experience of Summer Job Project.
Summer Job Project is a 3-month leadership training program for students. We provide a summer job. You experience intentional, life-on-life discipleship that integrates the following five elements.
Five Elements of Summer Job Project:
Job : Practice stellar work habits and attitudes in your summer job — 32-38 hrs/week, $12/hr.
Discipleship : Experience discipleship opportunities in multiple contexts including one-on-one mentoring and 4 evenings/week of worship, Bible discussion, and teaching.
Community : Learn to love and serve through community living. Live together in the Chi Alpha House.
Message : Speak and live Christ’s message authentically with co-workers and new friends.
Mountains : Discover Christ and yourself in mountain adventures. Hike and backpack the mountains and learn outdoor skills.
1. Love for God – talk to Him, read His words, yield your life
2. Dependability – show up, be on time, work diligently, be trustworthy
3. A learning posture – be teachable, be curious, be committed to personal growth and change
4. Good physical condition – be able to hike and work at a job requiring good physical condition
5. Excellent work habits – work hard with a willing heart, don’t complain, be thankful