Notice: All 2018 Summer Job Project spots for women are full.
May 13 – August 6, 2018
Spend this summer becoming more than you are right now. Add to a summer job the holistic discipleship experience of Summer Job Project.
Summer Job Project is a 3-month leadership training program for students. We provide a summer job. You experience intentional, life-on-life discipleship that integrates the following five elements.
Five Elements of Summer Job Project:
Job : Practice stellar work habits and attitudes in your summer job. 32-38 hrs/week, various schedules, $10-$11/hr.
Discipleship : Experience discipleship opportunities in multiple contexts including one-on-one mentoring and 3-4 evenings/week of worship, Bible discussion, and teaching.
Community : Learn to love and serve through community living. Live together in the Chi Alpha House.
Message : Speak and live Christ’s message authentically to co-workers and new friends.
Mountains : Discover Christ and yourself in mountain adventures. Hike and backpack the mountains and learn outdoor skills.
1. Love for God – talk to Him, read His words, yield your life
2. Dependability – show up, be on time, work diligently, be trustworthy
3. A learning posture – be teachable, be curious, be committed to personal growth and change
4. Good physical condition – be able to hike and work at a job requiring good physical condition
5. Excellent work habits – work hard with a willing heart, don’t complain, be thankful